Who is a business traveller and who can claim travel expenses

Business travellers are members of the CAU, normally professors or employees who are conducting business on behalf of Kiel University (CAU) outside of their workplace (CAU campus grounds).
Those individuals who do not belong to the CAU, such as guest lecturers, for example, can also invoice travel expenses under certain conditions, as so-called 'external staff'. As they do not make a business trip application, they are not subject to insurance cover.
The following people can invoice travel expenses:

  • Business travellers as described above,
  • Guests of the CAU,
  • Those travelling as part of job interviews, under consideration of the special provisions,
  • Students travelling on behalf of the CAU as part of their activities.

In cases of doubt, please contact the responsible case worker. .